ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS (ISO 14001)
WHAT IS AN ISO 14001 EMS?
ISO 14001 is an internationally
recognised Environmental Management System. It was developed in response to
stringent legislation and the increasing concern of governments and
stakeholders worldwide that believe businesses should control the impact of
their activities on the environment.
It helps businesses reduce their environmental impact by setting out the necessary steps and elements involved in setting up an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS). With ISO 14001 in place, you can retain profitability while also reducing the impact of your business’ activities on the environment.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HAVING A ISO 14001 EMS IN PLACE?
Many organisations now require ISO
14001 certification as a condition of a contract with a customer. However,
businesses may seek certification to the Environmental Management System
standard ISO 14001 for many other reasons. Some of these include:
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements;
- Attracting investment;
- Applying this marketing tool to attract more, different types of customers and contracts to the business;
- Giving customers confidence that your organisation is meeting its legal and regulatory compliance obligations.
- Adding a stamp of credibility, making your products or services preferable to those of your competitors;
- Managing and preventing risks;
- Helping to manage and diminish environmental risks now and in the future, which can potentially deliver significant cost savings;
- Improving your community and environmental reputation by indicating a desire to demonstrate environmental leadership and commitment to customers & stakeholders.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Direct Future Consulting can design, implement and an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System into your Business.
We help immerging and mature businesses develop effective compliance systems and solutions. When you work with us, we will help you save money and assist your business in improving processes, by:
- Integrating all your ISO standards (where possible) to create seamless systems for success;
- Minimising change by customising your business’ solution to your unique needs and culture;
- Creating user-friendly tools that are easy to maintain and change, as your needs do;
- Saving time and resources by limiting duplication of documentation.
Our ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Services
At Direct Future Consulting, we specialise in offering a range of ISO Consulting services for businesses across Australia that are looking to achieve or maintain ISO certification.
Environmental Management System Standards are designed to help businesses reduce their impact on the environment while managing business costs through sustainable practice.
If your business is considering integrating an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, we can assist you. Our seamless process ensures that your company is able to implement ISO 14001, while continuing to grow and meet your goals, in line with compliance requirements.
Managing Environmental Law Updates
Environmental law is continually being reviewed, with government officials making improvements as required to ensure legislation is relevant to the existing landscape.
If you’re interested in becoming ISO 14001 certified, compliance with environmental legislation is crucial.
As amendments are being instituted regularly, it can be difficult for the average business to ensure they’re up-to-date on and operating in compliance with the latest environmental legislation updates. When it comes to managing these updates, organisations often need to be prepared to invest time, money and resources in the process.
If your business fails to satisfy your environmental legislative requirements, you may be leaving yourself exposed to fines and legal action.
By hiring Direct Future Consulting as your external consultant, you can ensure that your systems don’t become outdated. Beyond this, you can take some of the pressure off your internal team, allowing them to focus on their primary role and lead your organisation towards continued success.